BNP Paribas Fortis Funding ("BP2F") is a public limited liability company incorporated for an unlimited duration under the laws of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg with its registered and principal office at 19, rue Eugène Ruppert, L-2453 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
BP2F is owned at 99.995 per cent. by BNP Paribas Fortis ("BNPPF") that is part of the BNP Paribas group.
BP2F was incorporated on 24 September 1986 in Luxembourg as a public limited liability company with the name Genfinance Luxembourg S.A., which was then changed on 12 November 2001 to Fortis Luxembourg Finance S.A. and on 22 February 2010 to BNP Paribas Fortis Funding that is today its legal name and commercial name.
BP2F is registered with the Register of Commerce and Companies of Luxembourg under number B24784 (registered on 24 September 1986).
The Articles of Association of BP2F have been amended several times, most recently by notarial deed in Luxembourg on 23 March 2010.
The Articles of Association were published in the “Mémorial C, Recueil des Sociétés et Associations” on 29 November 1986 (C Nr332) and amendments thereto were also published in the “Mémorial C, Recueil des Sociétés et Associations”.
BP2F’s main object is to grant loans to BNP Paribas Fortis and the companies controlled by BNP Paribas Fortis.
In order to implement its main object, BP2F issue bonds or similar securities, perform any refinancing operation, with or without a guarantee and in general may have recourse to any sources of finance. BP2F can carry out any operations it perceives as being necessary to the accomplishment and development of its business, whilst staying within the limits of the Luxembourg law of 10 August 1915 on commercial companies (as amended).
Part of the debt of BP2F is admitted to listing on the official list and trading on the regulated market of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and/or on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam and/or on NYSE Euronext Brussels. The debt securities are sold to investors all over the world but mainly in Europe.